E.Kornienko hobby page Here I display some my photographs of interesting nature - drop of water, flame of a candle, insects, animals, tropical and reef fish, underwater views and so.
Photo of Red Sea fish With a simple mask you can enjoy so beautiful underwater world. Underwater photos at this site are taken without a scuba. I used only a diving mask and a snorkel.
Butterfly fish A masked butterflyfish has got a dark-blue mask. Some butterflies has got orange and blue colors. Mainly they are yellow, white and black.
- Royal angelfish Colourful zebra with blue-yellow-white vertical stripes
- Blue diagonal Like other butterflyfish this fish has got a black mask with a white edge.
- Red Sea Bannerfish This butterflyfish usually hold by pairs near one coral all day long
- Yellow-black diagonal butterfly fish Its body is yellow with black diagonal strips, black edges of fins and the tail. There is a black mask on its eyes and white horizontal stripe on the head.
- Blackbacked butterflyfish Yellow fins, black triangular side stripes on the white body. A vertical black stripe on the eyes.
- Diagonal Butterflyfish A yellow butterfly with a black mask on its eyes, a white stripe on its forehead, diagonal black stripes on sides on its oval body.
- Tail of a Diagonal butterfly-fish An occasional sharp macro photo of a fish tail. The tail has a transparent rim and a row of small orange dots.
- Crown butterfly-fish A fish with red-orange tail and a dorsal fin. Vertical dark stripes on a white-yellow body and on eyes.
- Bannerfish The butterfly-fish usually swims by pairs. All day long they hang near one coral.
- Masked butterflyfish Many coral butterfly fish has got mask. They recognize each other as by color of body as by view of their eyes.
- Two masked butterflyfish In always clear sea water the evolution created colorful fish like buterrflies. They recognize each other by color of body, by face, and even by eyes.
Arabian angel fish A big blue fish with an also big yellow spot on its side. The photo has been taken in Red sea.
Scalefin anthias Underwater view. A coral hill with soft corals and far deep of sea. A shoal of orange fish hover the coral.
A hawkfish Paracirrhites forsteri sits on a top of a hard coral holding by fins. It's hunting for tiny coral worms or other prey.
A couple of Surgeon-fish The fish has got slim body with dark blue and white stripes, and an orange spot in the middle. Breathing fins are yellow. Near tail there are orange sharp 'surgeon' fins.
Red Sea Amphiprion Commonly the family contains a main male and female, and some additional males. If the female is lost, the main male turns to female, and one of males become the leading male.
Black spotted sweetlips A red sea fish with yellow fins and black spots on the side. Midday small groups of the fish hide in shadow of corals.
A burrfish - Cyclichthys spilostylus Thorns are placed in white spots on the back and on black spots on the stomach. Due to the thorns the fish feels safe and you may approach closely.
- Portrait of a burrfish The night fish has got big eyes and sharp thorns. Dorsal thorns are placed in white spots, on the stomach thorns are in black spots.
- Burrfish hides in shadow of a coral On the wide sand bottom there is only a coral hill. So the night fish wait till the day is over in shadow of the coral.
Diodon hystrix The fish is increasing in size and its sharp thorns become more dangerous. On the photo you also see a small blue fish that cleares diodon's gills.
Lionfish on a coral hill A coral hill on the background of the sea deep. Among yellow soft corals there is a brown-stripped Lionfish.
A lionfish near coral This nice-looking but dangerous fish doesnt swim out from a photographer. Dont try to touch it.
Red sea Needlefish Tylosurus choram swim near sea surface quite speedy. It may fly over water more than 10 meters. It is not so colorful as butterflyfish or other coral inhabitants.
An unicorn fish without a horn Grey oval slim body with a long thin yellow dorsal fin. A C-like tail fin. An orange surgical knife near tail.
Parrot fish Blue and green parrotfish has got a beak for crashing corals. Because of strong 'teeth it is dangerous if you is able to put your finger before a parrot's beak.
Arabian Surgeon Fish Acanthurus sohal. Oval body. Crescent like tail fin. Small orange fin near the tail is the sharp surgeon knife.
Masked pufferfish Arothron diadematus lives in Red Sea only. It is a grey fat fish with black fins, black spots, black mask, 4 strong teeth.
- An Arothron bites Fire coral It is a grey fat fish four strong teeth.
- Arothron displays its four teeth Arothron diadematus lives in Red Sea only. It has got 4 strong teeth for crashing corals.
- A Puffer bites coral Arothron has got four strong teeth looking like a beak. Here the fish bites a hard coral.
- Puffer's tail Arothron diadematus may slowly swim with its tail turned at one side like at this photo.
Scat Taeniura lymma This Blue-spotted stingray has poisonous needles at its tail. Its better not touch it. When the fish digs the ground hunting for worms many fish close to it in hope for free feed.
- A scat with blue spots This Blue-spotted stingray has got a damaged tail. It lacks poisonous needles.
- Scat in deep Swimming with mask in Red sea you see a blue spotted scat in the deep among corals
- A blue spotted scat hides under a coral Now I am in deep about 3 meters and the scat hides from me under a coral
- A scat with blue spots swims over coral Taeniura lymma is dangerous if you is careless. On the photo the stingray is over coral in bright sun light.
- Poisonous needles of stingray The scat Taeniura lymma with blue spots has got two poisonous thorns on its tail. The fish is not dangerous if you dont touch it.
Picasso and Big Green Triggerfish The dorsal fin of the fish is not for swimming. It holds the fish in a hole between corals while it is dormant.
- File-fish Up to 1 meter length
- Picasso Trigger Fish with open dorsal fin A fish with a yellow mouth, big orange eyes, a vertical black and blue wedge at eyes. Color of back is straw-grey, stomach is white.
- Picasso Trigger Fish Yellow mouth and yellow spot around a dorsal trigger-fin. Color of back is straw-grey, stomach is white. There are also blue and black strips at the head.
- Arabian Picasso Trigger Fish Rhinecanthus assasi has got a yellow mouth, big orange eyes. Color of back is straw-grey, stomach is white. There are also blue and black strips at the head. It is a Picasso.
- Titan triggerfish over stony coral The fish sometimes attack swimmers. Teeth of the triggerfish are strong and it is brave. It bites corals and crabs, may attack divers and cameramen.
- Titan triggerfish Teeth of Balistoides viridescens are strong and it is brave. It bites corals and crabs, may attack divers and cameramen.
Interesting nature photos I like potographing nature without people.
Photographies of birds A sparrow can carry many worms at once to its babies. Just flying up pigeon flaps its wings forward like a swimmer.
- Rose flamingo Ten tall birds walk on a green island
- Mother, father and a young sparrow It already can fly, so they meet not only in the nest
- Sparrows build their nest A couple of sparrows collect grass for their new nest. They not merely grasp a grass, they collect many blades of grass at once.
- Eagle eye The eagle watches visitors of the zoo garden. It makes notches on the concrete block - how long it is in the cage.
- Bird of prey portrait On the face photo the eagle's beak looks small. So the eagle looks like an owl.
- An eagle at fly up I noticed the eagle on the tip of a mast. When I get out a camera the eagle is flying up.
- Young ostrich portrait Three persons are seen in the mirror of the ostrich eyes - me and my children.
- A sparrow among poplar fluff A sparrow with tyny horns as seen at side portrait. The bird stands in rare green grass with poplar fluff.
- A Pigeon A lot of pigeons live under roof of our old 5 floor house. This bird sits on our balcony.
- Cat eyes colors Why are eyes of these cats red, green, and yellow? It is Effect of Red Eye like that we have on human portraits which are made with use of a photo flash lamp.
- Portrait of a deer This herd of deer was photographed in a large and well organized zoologic garden of Rostov-on-Don. This zoo is one of the most big and most southern ones of Russia.
- Rats eat by hands It is our home rat. It uses its hands to eat cheese like a squirrel does, or you do.
- A curious snail A snail on a green leaf in the night. The snail mostly smells, not sees surrounding world. Its vision is weak.
- Looks like a cobra, what is it actually? A cobra on a pathway in the night. Actually this photo was taken in zoo, not in wild. The snake was in open cage, so it is not a cobra?
- A squirrel on a pine-tree A squirrel has half climbed on a pine-tree and sees back to me. This photo was taken in Antalia, Turkey.
- A sand lizard The lizard mines under sand and runs in deep of the sand. Perhaps it digs for something, or merely hides from hot sun.
Photos of flowers and blossom Flowers of dahlia, bird-cherry-tree, dandelion. There are small flowers inside a foalfoot flower.
- Clover flower Photo of the clover flower is taken with use of a loupe. Margins of the picture are out of focus due to small size of the loupe
- Big dandelion The huge blowball is of 10-15 centimeter wide and 1 meter tall.
- Little yellow wood buttercup flower Small yellow fatty-looking flower on green background. Five petals.
- Blossom of bird cherry tree A bird cherry tree, decorated with blossoms of white flowers, on the background of white birch trees and blue sky.
- A foalfoot flower is a blossom There are small flowers with their yellow petals inside a foalfoot flower.
- A tiny white field flower and a transparent moth Moths were occasionally picked up with the field flowers. This white flower is about 10mm size.
- Blossom of plum tree A branch with big white flowers which have big yellow stamens
- A dandelion is a Sunflower Some dandelion flowers have curly stamens, some - straight ones. Sometimes they both occur in one flower.
- Wood geranium Geranium sylvaticum - small violet field or forest flower
- A rose flower of Dahlia This picture looks like a handmade one. However the rose flower is actually rises in gardens. I suspect there are no such flowers in wild.
Photgraphy of flame Here I display some my photographs of fire, flame, burning match and so.
- Candle flame At the reddish macro photo you see a burning candle, which is made of reddish wax.
- Flame of an evenly burning match At the stage of even burning the flame of a match is less bright than at start of the burning. Also the most hot flame is at a distance from the match head.
- Match head issues sparkls Nikon CP880 is a good lab camera. It can shot fast processes like inflammation of a match.
Photo of spiders, mosquitos and other insects Interesting photo of insects: Moths perform a magic dance. Grasshoppers mask on the background. How do fly's feet look like?
Large bee fly Looks like a bumblebee with long legs. I has got a long thin nose and can hang over a flower feeding nectar, like a hummingbird does.
A Syrphida on a dandelion A yellow fly on a yellow dandelion. The fly looks like a bee but it is not dangerous, it only scares birds.
Syrphida This harmless fly on a blue flower looks like a bee for us and for birds. The Syrphidae can hang in air like hummingbirds do.
A bumblebee on a flower of a cherry tree It is difficult to focus a camera on a rushing bumblebee. Do a fixed focus and make a hundred snaps. Maybe one snap is good.
House centipede This home-centipede hunts for home insects like cockroach, ant and bedbug. I chased the bug for an hour, so it cannot hide in a hole. Finally it agreed for a short photo session.
A house centipede hides A humble house centipede has run from me and now it hides under a plinth. You see only a lot of its legs.
House centiipede, sideview Scutigera Coleoptrata hunts for home insects like cockroaches.
Dragonfly sits on a branchlet Dragonfly likes such moments when it sits on a tip of a branch under warm sun light.
A dragonfly on a grass A dragonfly with brown stripes on the wings sits on a green leaf of grass
Fly's legs looks like a cloven hoof.
Green grasshopper at green grass On green grass the green grasshopper hopes it is invisible. Grasshoppers of different color mask on backgrounds of proper color.
Grasshopper's camouflage Grasshopper knows the background that makes it less noticeable.
A hornet The hornets built their nest among stones. One hornet holds probably a wood chip for the building.
A hornet in flight to its home in stones The hornets built their nest among stones. One hornet hangs in air in front of its home-hole. At the macro photo the hornet flapping wings are blurred.
Little dance of little moths Two flies in a dance pose - perhaps before or after coupling
Photo of a mosquito The mosquito sits on a window tulle. You can see hair on its antennae, blood in mosquito's abdomen.
A mosquito on net This macro was made by Nikon cp880 without additional lens. Many details are seen, for instance - mosquito has hair on its antennae.
Spider's eyes On the photo you see a small field hunter-spider female. The spider has got 8 eyes. The hunters don't use web. They chase insects.
Two flies in green bog Two lone little moths of different kinds sit on green grass waiting when rain is over
A young ant The little ant looks young because it is glossy clear and diffident.
Colorful butterfly On a yellow blossom there is a butterfly with white and black rim of its wing. The wings are of orange and brown color.
- Blue butterfly A butterfly with lilac upper side of wings and blue-grey lower side of wings. The butterfly sits on a yellow-red flower. The background is green grass.
- A slim caterpillar on a grass A brownish caterpillar nibbles an edge of a green grass. First three pair of its legs perhaps are arms.
- A green caterpillar The green thick caterpillar crawles along a branchlet. The caterpillar hides the legs, which now are not on the branchlet.
- A butterfly "Common blue" On a wood buttercup-flower a blue butterfly with orange spots on the wings feeds on nectar.
- A butterfly "Small Blue" on a yellow blossom Macro photo of a blue butterfly on the green background. The butterfly sits on a wood flower.
- A butterfly with spots and orange rim Pattern of spots and form of wings resemble a bluebutterfly. Perhaps upper side of its wings is blue or lilac too.
- A white butterfly On a green grass a white butterfly sits. White wings look like leaves.
- A butterfly on a yellow flower Spots on lower side wings and form of wings resemble a blue-butterfly. Only its lower side of wings are pale, not blue.
- A small green caterpillar A small slim green caterpillar, legs upward, goes along a green branchlet.
- A little orange butterfly Macro photo of a little hairy orange moth sitting on a green leaf
Photos of plants Leaves, tree, grass, berries - photos of different plants, not flowers.
- Frozen cranberries A grape of frozen cranberries hangs on the background of a window.
- Frosty fir A branchlet of a blue-green conifer. Every needle is covered by white frosty crisals of hoar frost.
- Bad fungus A group of parasite mushrooms grows on the trunk of a tree.
- A young maple leaf A young maple leaf looks so nice merely because it is perfect, without scratches dry spots or so.
- Vast pine tree On the photo a tall and vast pine tree holds its branches on the background of blue sky.
- Young leaflet A fresh green branchlet with five new leaves. Perhaps it is raspberry leaflets.
- Spring birch blossom A new birch branchlet with blossom and leaves on the background of the forest blue sky
Nature mort with steel spring The still photo was taken long ago in 2000 with my first digital camera HP-C200
View Far views of city, field, sea and so.
- Sea view The panorama includes big amount of sea and a part of far land of Crete. However there are no actually far distances here.
- A body of forest I see not trees but a forest as a whole entity in this old photo.
Photos of water, sea horizon, water drops and so Here I show some photographs of interesting nature features like drops of water, sea views and so.
- A falling droplet Falling drop tail forms one ore more tiny droplets. They vibrate in the wake of main drop.
- Water in fir The photo in green tone. Three fir needles hold a big drop of water.
- Photo of rings on water in rain Rainy forest bog. This snap was taken when the thunderstorm was just ending.
- Macro photo of drops in shower How many various forms of water drops! Before snapping the camera was focused by an object at the same distance.
- Form of water Running water is photographed with a short and long exposure. Instant view reveals details of an average picture that we normally see.
- Rain in forest I was awheel when the rain begins. So I'd stopped my bike and before covering my camera I did the photo of starting rain at the picturesque wild pool.
Some homemade things I had made these simple things some years ago, and have used them until now.
Accumulator capacity meter Time is measured by a cheap clock. Discharge to 1 Volt stops automatically.
- Accumulator capacity meter. An example of wire-arrangement. I use the very this Accumulator capacity meter once a year to check my 30-40 NiMh elements.
- Accumulator capacity meter for AA cells For AA, AAA element I use a case of a simple accu charger with good copper contacts. So the only external part of the device is a clock.
Macro with a simple camera I took these photos through a magnifying glass, which was mounted in front of the camera lens.
How I made a noiseless computer I'm not an overclocker. A computer is merely a tool. So I like listening music without mechanical noise.
Vacation at Crete Photographing underwater and oversea near seashore of Creta-Panorama resort
Vacation at Red Sea Photo journey underwater and overwater at Sharm-el-Sheikh, Egypt.
Swimming with mask Everybody can photograph under water using a simple diving mask.
An octopus in a hole This octopus didn't hide in its coral hole. It constanly watched me how I swim around
Blue coral Christmas Worm On the surface of a coral with small hexagonal holes there is a deep cave. Blue christmas spiral worm lives in the cave.
Red christmas worm at a fire coral Red coral worm lives near horns of an orange fire coral. On the coral it is seen fur, which burns you if you touch it.
Underwater sky From sea bottom in such transparent water you see a shoal of fish like birds in the sky.
Yellow christmas worm You see yellow tentacles looking like a circular mesh. Also you see a lid of the worm's house-tube. The tube is embedded in coral.
Thin yellow mesh of a christmas worm on a white coral You sea yellow thin mesh of tentacles. It is a coral worm, which lives in a tube inside a coral.
Sea cucumber A Holothuria looks like a half meter caterpillar, which crawls on the sea bottom. If you touch it, it shrinks and becames like a cucumber.
Jellyfish macro photo in Red Sea It is difficult to take a photo of a jellyfish because it is not contrast enough to focus the camera. Also I and the jellyfish swim.
Pensil sea urchin with dull needles The pensil sea urchin has hot dull thick needles. It is not dangerous for us and for fish. In day the sea urchin hides within a hole in a coral.
Pencil sea urchin All day long Pencil sea urchin hides in a coral hole like on this photo. In night it feeds by plants among corals.
Sea-cucumber The sea-cucumber had been crawling in shallow water about 50cm deep when I was walking along beach and saw it.
Bright star fish The small starfish is so bright because it is dangerous.
Underwater view Near coral the life is boiling. Here inhabitants hide, feed, spawn.
Photo of different corals Coral is a colony of tyny settled animals, which live like plants. In Red Sea with a mere diving mask you may sea different views of corals.
Brain coral with short convolutions Spherical coral with pattern looking like short convolutions of brain
Brain coral with labyrinth pattern This coral looks like a sphere with labyrinth pattern like convolutions of brain
Small dangerous needles of fire coral On the surface of the fire coral tiny poisonous needles are seen at the macro photo. The coral is a red-sea stinging nettle.
Coral Gardineroseris It is a round coral with pattern of deep small cells like honeycomb
Soft coral Sarcophyton This elastic soft coral lives near a tender even more soft coral.
Tender Sarcophyton This soft coral slightly waves in stream of water. Its soft body is covered by gentle carpet of tiny flowers.
Staghorn coral Among branches of the hard coral usually small fish hide from big ones.
- Green fish in a stony coral Some corals are very hard and dangerous for us, But small fish hide in branches of the corals.
Fire coral Don't touch this dangerous orange coral! However many fish and coral worms live in the coral.
Stony coral Acropora Red sea coral. Stony thorny coral Acropora is in the middle of the soft coral Xeniidae
Aquarium for tropical freshwater fish I have two tanks, one for small and one for large fish. For hours I can watch this beautiful another life.
Marble botia on a leaflet in my tank Botia is independent and brave. It is not aggressive, may live with calm fish and with cichlids.
A plastic tank cave for tropical fish Visible surfaces of the plastic cave is covered with gravel. The gravel was initially boiled and dryed. Then it was attached by special aquarium silicone.
Ancistrus On the photo scales are not seen. It seems the fish is covered by fur. The matter is in proper light.
Scalare Perhaps the fish looks into the lens and thinks that it is another scalare's eye.
Scalare yawns Like us, fish yawn too. It is not hunting or frightening behaviour. I think they merely need exercises for mouth.
Pelvicachromis pulcher Kribensis is quite clever fish. It easyly fits to every tank, but it may be aggessive when cares of its spawn.
- Kribensis fry Conditions were quite good, and small cichlids immediately spawned and started caring for their eggs
- Little 4-week kribensis On the photo a little pelvicachromis pulcher of 4 weeks age. It is a clever and quite calm fish.
Mastacembelus Mastacembelus can and like dig under gravel so you see only its head. Sometimes you see only its tail while the fish chases worms in gravel.
Two snails in my aquarium They like vallisneria and other tasty freshwater plants - Get a pair of the snails and after a month your tank is empty.
100L tank for small fish Cichlids found proper place for eggs, and after that for saving their fry. Barbuses also could survive upto sufficient size.
- A cave for fish in a 100L tank An aquarium with big cave for fish. You see plants, a kribensis, barbus. There are lot of room and small caves within the big cave.
African cichlid Auratus The behaviour of cichlids is interesting. They care their eggs and fry. Auratus can learn.
- Auratus Auratus is too aggressive for communal tank. For breeding this fish it's needed holes where females may hide their eggs and the fry.
- Auratus, mature female It is seen an enlargement of the fish mouth volume. It is used for care by eggs and fry.
- Auratus female Yellow-goldish fish with white longitudinal stripes - it is the coloring of female and fry of auratuses. It's recommended 3-5 females and 1 male in a tank.
- Auratus male In tank the most strong aggressive male attacks other auratuses and other fish, which look like auratus by size or by color.
Macrognatus in aquarium Macrognatus digs under the gravel so you see only its head or it is entirely in ground and you dont see it
- Macrognatus looks out of gravel Often macrognatus digs under the gravel so you see only its head or it is entirely in ground and you dont see it
- Macrognatus watches around Sometimes it is seen its head, sometimes its tail, sometimes it digs under gravel entirely. In gravel the fish searces for worms.
- Tail of a macrognatus Sometimes you see its tail, sometimes it digs under gravel entirely. In gravel the fish may hide from you when you do something in the tank.
- Macrognatus in a hole A macrognatus hides in a hole under green leaf near the front glass of my aquarium
- Two tails of two tropical fish are out of the hole A macrognatus with eyes on its tail and a loach with yellow stripes on its tail are hiding in a hole. But the tails are well visible.
Simple astrophoto With a simple digicam and a binocular you can photograph Mercury Transit across the Sun disk, Sun and Moon eclipses.